Big Toe Update

Custom Search

Keri got to go home on Wednesday afternoon which was both good and bad.  Good because, we were anxious to get out of that hotel and bad because she is still in a lot of pain.   So we headed for the house after getting meds at Denton Community Pharmacy.  The kids were so happy to see Mom, this was also good and bad.  Keri really needs to be off her feet and resting as much as possible – try telling that to Joss and Trip.  They wanted to climb over her and snuggle with her.  They just did not really understand why they had to be quiet and let mommy rest.  After being home for a few hours we decided that it would be best for Keri and her to if she went to her Mom’s house to rest without the little guys climbing all over her.

We still don’t know the future of Keri’s big toe.  Right now there is only 40% of bone “A” and bone “B” has a fracture.  Luckily the spot where the foot peg and tree met were right between “A” and “B”.  Infection is still the biggest concern right now.  The cultures came back with what the doctor called a very vanilla strain of staph, which he thought the antibiotics would have no problem fighting.  We have an appointment with the doctor on Monday.  Hopefully everything will still look good.  They decided to hold of on the 2nd surgery for the time being.  Also, the doctors have decided to let the middle toe heal on its own instead of putting pins in it.  Hopefully we will get some more info on Monday.  Right now the uncertainty is tough.  Keri is still being very tough but the medicines and pain are a lot to handle as well as recovering from the lack of sleep in the hospital.

Foot Bones

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *